Farming Equipment and Technology Fund (FETF) 2023
There are 2 main themes:
- Productivity and Slurry items – open for applications now
- Animal Health and Welfare items – opening later in March
FETF grants are for a minimum of £1,000 and a maximum of £25,000 per theme.
This means the maximum grant you can receive for Productivity and Slurry items is £25,000 and the maximum grant you can receive for Animal Health and Welfare items is £25,000.
The grant is a contribution towards the purchase of new technology or equipment from an approved list for Productivity and Slurry and for Animal Health and Welfare.
All items must meet the specifications.
The items on each theme have been identified to help with some or all of the following:
- improve agricultural productivity
- contribute to improved animal health and welfare
- encourage more sustainable pesticide and fertiliser usage
- improve air and water quality
- reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in line with Net Zero targets
- reduce unsustainable use of abstracted water
- encourage sustainable management of woodlands
Items must be purchased through a supplier or manufacturer and not be home built.
These grants are a good opportunity for farmers to access funding from the Rural Payments Agency which is re-directed from the Basic Payment Scheme which will be completely phased out by 2027.