Rural Chartered Surveyors offering professional land agency services in the North East.
New Wild Pollinator and Farm Wildlife packages explained
Countryside Stewardship Mid-Tier
If you are applying for Countryside Stewardship Mid-Tier it is worth considering using the Wild Pollinator and Farm Wildlife Packages to achieve a better score as these applications are competitive.
The Mixed package:
There are 2 groups of mandatory options and 1 of additional options, from Group 1 (Nectar and Pollen Sources) you must select at least 1 from 8 available options:
- AB1 Nectar flower mix
- AB8 Flower rich margins and plots
- AB15 Two-year sown legume fallow
- AB16 Autumn bumblebird mix
- AB11 Cultivated areas for arable plants
- GS4 Legume and herb-rich swards
- GS2 Permanent grassland with low inputs
- GS17 Lenient grazing supplement
From Group 2 (Winter food for seed-eating birds) you must select at least 1 of the following:
- AB9 Winter bird food
- GS3 Ryegrass seed set as winter/spring food for birds
- AB6 Enhanced overwinter stubble
- AB13 Brassica fodder crop
- AB2 Basic overwinter stubble
- AB7 Whole cop cereals
Options must cover at least 3% of the eligible land included in the package.
Additional resources are:
- BE3 Hedgerow management
There are a further 136 capital and land management grants are available in addition to the ones mentioned above. We recommend a no obligation discussion with our farm business expert, Alan, who is works across the whole of the North East. Alan is based at both our Darlington and Tow Law offices.
To understand how the Mid-Tier would work on your farm please contact Alan Falshaw Farm Business Consultant on 07425 186127
Get In Touch
We are a firm of Rural Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents providing a range of professional services.